Our usual summer reunion is not taking place this year, but we have put in place a special programme for Saturday 18th July with an e-peritif drinks event and special talk by Dr Clare Barlow. Dr Barlow is currently Exhibitions Curator at the Science Museums Group, formerly Assistant Curator at the National Portrait Gallery and, whilst at Tate Britain, curator of the 2017 major loans exhibition “Queer British Art 1861 - 1867”. She is one of Britain’s most prominent art historians, and a really engaging speaker.
We cannot be together in our smart dress in Wills but we can be together as the Wills Hall alumni and invite members, friends and guests to dress up – not necessarily black tie and ball gowns but smart! Of course, anyone is most welcome to the evening activities so please don’t feel that you need to do anything more than join in.
There will be two bottles of “Old Wills” gin on offer during the evening:
- One for a lucky attendee at the AGM will have their name drawn at random,
- One for the participant of E-péritif & Guest Lecture we feel has made most effort to dress up or makes the most striking effect!
The programme is as follows:
- 5:30 pm – Annual General Meeting
- 6:15 pm – E-péritif & Guest Lecture
- Introduction including “A Year in Wills Hall” by Terri Boardman, JCR President 19-20.
- Guest lecture by art historian, Dr Clare Barlow, Exhibitions Curator at the Science Museums Group.
- Questions and Answers hosted by Professor Robert Vilain
- 6:50 pm – Interval
- 7:00 pm - Questions and Answers continued
- 7:30 pm – Close
We will be having our traditional toasts to as part of the introduction so please do keep a glass of something chilled and refreshing on hand!
How to get involved?
We will be hosting the AGM, E-péritif & Guest Lecture on Zoom. Sign up for a free ticket at: https://whasummer2020.eventbrite.co.uk